Defence industry hubs help businesses become 'defence ready' to access state, national and global defence supply chain opportunities.
Queensland's first defence industry hub has opened in Ipswich. The $5 million facility operates to recruit more businesses to the local defence supply chain.
A second defence industry hub will open in Townsville in 2020, with services and support currently being provided by our hub staff based in the North Queensland regional office.
Hub services and activities
The hubs are key landing points for businesses wanting to pursue work in the growing defence and aerospace sectors. They provide information, resources, workshops and networking opportunities shaped by local industry needs. These assist businesses to:
- understand the defence market and supply chain
- grow business capabilities to meet Australian Defence Force requirements
- facilitate connections and partnerships, including with defence industry primes
- promote regional industry capability
- connect with services offered by all levels of government.
The hubs also offer a range of workshops and other events. For information on industry events, see our Defence events calendar.
Contact us for further information about the defence industry hubs.