Queensland's capabilities in the innovation sector include:
- automated systems development including onboard sensor systems
- unmanned systems
- hypersonic aerodynamics
- surveillance technologies, including non-cooperative facial recognition
- fibre composite development with a concentration of autoclaves located in South East Queensland
- materials development including unique composite structures and nanotechnology
- microwave and radio frequency communication technologies
- data security
- geospatial technology including geographic information systems (GIS) development
- visualisation and simulation technologies.
- space technologies, including Earth observation data analytics, launch, ground systems, systems component manufacturing, robotics and automation.
In addition to specialised innovation projects, 80% of Queensland companies working in the defence sector invest in research and development (R&D), highlighting the progressive attitude of our industry. Of these companies, almost 60% spend $100,000 or more each year on R&D activities.
Last updated: 16 Nov 2021