Connect with industry and find out about workshops, events and opportunities through industry hubs, peak bodies, and networks:
- Australian Industry & Defence Network Ltd
- Australian Industry Group (Ai Group) workshops, webinars and events
- Defence in Business network and LinkedIn group
- Defence Industry Networking Linkedin group
- Queensland defence industry hubs workshops and events
- Queensland Regional Manufacturing hubs workshops and events
- Queensland Artificial Intelligence Hub
- Queensland Advanced Robotics for Manufacturing (ARM) Hub
- Robotics Network Australia
- Queensland XR (immersive technologies) Hub networking and events
- Queensland Earth Observation Hub
- Queensland Defence Science Alliance supporting collaboration between research and industry
Defence Jobs Queensland works in collaboration with the following organisations:
Department of Defence
The Capability Acquisition and Sustainment Group (CASG) is part of the Department of Defence and exists to meet the Australian Defence Force's (ADF) military equipment and supply requirements as identified by Defence and approved by Government.
CASG is the key delivery agency for Defence capability and in delivering on our purpose we strive to:
- Reform, implement and embed the First Principles Review recommendations.
- Improve our relationship with our owners (Government) and customers (capability managers).
- Improve our strategic level partnerships with industry.
- Achieve full cost and performance transparency of our projects and operations.
- Develop, support and professionalise our people.
Defence Export Controls
The Defence Export Controls is responsible for regulating the export of defence and strategic goods and technologies. These include military items designed or adapted for military purposes and commercial items and technologies that may be used or adapted for use in a military program. Services provided by Defence Export Controls include providing advice to producers and developers and issuing permits and licences for controlled exports.
The Office of Defence Industry Support (ODIS) provides a seamless experience for small and medium enterprises (SMEs) to engage with Defence.
Australian Industry & Defence Network (AIDN)
AIDN is the peak industry association for SMEs wishing to do business in the defence and security sectors. Members have access to tender notifications, briefings, key bulletin information and forums to discuss key defence-related issues.
Contact the Queensland Chapter of AIDN: Frank Harrington, AIDN QLD President firstname.lastname@example.org.
Industry Capability Network (ICN)
ICN is a business network that introduces Australian and New Zealand companies to projects. Specialist staff in areas such as engineering, technology and procurement can help identify procurement opportunities for local industry, with ICN's core services offered at no cost. Register your business on ICN Gateway - a powerful online tool connecting suppliers and project managers.
TAFE Queensland has more than 140 years of experience delivering quality vocational education and training and is uniquely positioned to deliver industry-standard training solutions to the defence sector.
Offering a range of training solutions including full qualifications, skill sets and micro-credentials, TAFE Queensland delivers training across a range of professional areas. Renowned for its trade and technical training, TAFE Queensland also offers pre-apprenticeship, apprenticeship, traineeship and post-trade training in more than 18 trade areas. From a one-off training program to a fully-customised enterprise solution, TAFE Queensland can scale training to meet the unique needs of your business.
Find information and advice on the fundamental importance of protecting technical data, proprietary knowledge and managing intellectual property assets:
- Intellectual property for Queensland businesses
- Australian Trade and Investment Commission
- Guide to Intellectual Property Management for Defence contracts
- Intellectual property legal framework for Defence contracts
- Angels space law website
Thinking about relocating to Queensland?
Find out more about living and doing business in our great state.
- Trade and Investment Queensland (TIQ) is the Queensland Government's global business agency. TIQ assists international and inter-state companies to invest in Queensland and helps local businesses expand into new markets. Contact Trade and Investment Queensland
- Tourism and Events Queensland (TEQ) promotes Queensland's beautiful location, diverse events and enviable lifestyle and provides tourism news, research and information related to Queensland. Contact Tourism and Events Queensland
Last updated: 22 Jun 2023