Is the defence industry for you
Is the defence industry for you?
If you'd like to learn more about how the defence industry works and of potential opportunities for your business, you can register now for one of our upcoming Defence Business 101 seminars being held across the state during December 2018.
The Defence Business 101 seminars will be hosted at:
- North Lakes (4 December) – register now
- Ipswich (5 December) – register now
- Gold Coast (6 December) – register now
- Rockhampton (7 December) – register now
The seminars will be run by Defence Industries Queensland in partnership with the Industry Capability Network (ICN) and in collaboration with the Department of State Development, Manufacturing, infrastructure and Planning's regional offices.
The Defence Business 101 seminars provide businesses with an introduction to working in the defence sector and explain what businesses need to know in order to deal directly with Defence or access prime contractor supply chains.
The seminars will cover:
- how the defence sector works
- what the difference between capability and non-material procurement means for suppliers
- how key agencies in the defence sector engage with industry and what they do
- how to engage with prime contractors and Defence
- the role of prime contractors and their supply chain expectations
- how to decide if the defence industry is for you.
The workshops will be presented by Mick Fairweather, an independent company director and business management and training consultant, and Major General in the Australian Army Reserve.
Mr Fairweather has experience working in both the private sector and the Department of Defence and is currently working with defence industry.
The cost to attend is $50 (includes GST and booking fee), with catering provided.
Defence Business 101 seminars are part of a series of defence business capability development events held throughout the year.
Register now using the above links to secure your place.
Last updated: 16 Nov 2021