Funding opportunities for australian companies with combating terrorism technical support office
Funding opportunities for Australian companies with Combating Terrorism Technical Support Office
Australian companies with relevant defence and homeland security development capabilities are encouraged submit an application to the Combating Terrorism Technical Support Office (CTTSO) regarding opportunities related to counter terrorism and defence technologies. Australian industry and academia have been successful in securing funds from CTTSO previously.
Submissions are due 20 March 2015 by 1500 United States Eastern Daylight Time (EDT).
Follow the steps below to prepare your submission.
1. Investigate the opportunity
Working closely with more than 100 government agencies, law enforcement organisations and national first responders, the CTTSO leverages technical expertise, operational objectives and interagency sponsor funding. This multi-agency, multi-user approach to resource and information sharing positions the CTTSO to gather front line requirements that service multiple users - a distinct advantage in the combating terrorism community.
The CTTSO recently released its broad agency announcement for this year's solicitation of concepts for innovative research and development projects.
The mission areas of interest are:
- Advanced Analytic Capabilities (AAC)
- R3944 MICRO CLOUD SERVER (MCS)
- R3947 INTEGRATING WARFIGHTERS USING NEXT GENERATION USER INTERFACES (I-WUN)
- R000 AAC FY16 UNSPECIFIED REQUIREMENT
- Chemical, Biological, Radiological, Nuclear, and Explosives (CBRNE)
- R3924 FIRST RESPONDER BIOLOGICAL PERSONAL PROTECTIVE EQUIPMENT
- R3925 CBRN RESPIRATOR TESTING
- R3926 CHEMICAL SAMPLING
- R3929 RISK-BASED SELECTION OF PPE TRAINING SUPPORT PACKAGE
- R3930 STANDARDIZED TEST METHOD FOR COOLING SYSTEMS
- R3931 CHEMICAL, BIOLOGICAL, RADIOLOGICAL, NUCLEAR EVIDENCE PACKAGING
- R3932 EVIDENCE-BASED MASS DECONTAMINATION TRAINING SUPPORT PACKAGE
- R3935 INDIVIDUAL AIR MONITOR
- R3936 SMALL BAGGAGE SCANNER FOR OUTDOOR ACCESS POINTS
- R000 CBRNE FY16 UNSPECIFIED REQUIREMENT
- Improvised Device Defeat/Explosives Countermeasures (IDD/EC)
- R3899 IMPROVED BACKSCATTER X-RAY SYSTEM
- R3914 AFFORDABLE RF FIRING SYSTEM
- R3915 CAD DESIGNS FOR SCALABLE RENDER SAFE PROCEDURE (RSP) TOOLS
- R3916 CIRCUIT ANALYSIS AND DEVICE DEFEAT SOFTWARE APPLICATION
- R3917 IMPROVED ROBOTIC SPATIAL AWARENESS
- R000 IDD/EC FY16 UNSPECIFIED REQUIREMENT
- Investigative and Forensic Science (IFS)
- R3891 VEHICLE IMAGE SEARCH TOOL
- R3892 INVESTIGATIVE AND FORENSIC ANALYSIS OF 3D PRINTED POLYMERIC FIREARMS
- R3893 HEROIN ORIGIN DETERMINATION BY HIGH-RESOLUTION ICP-MS
- R3894 ADVANCED AUTOMATED DOCUMENT ANALYSIS TOOL
- R000 IFS FY16 UNSPECIFIED REQUIREMENT
- Irregular Warfare and Evolving Threats (IW/ET)
- R3961 MEASURING SOCIAL MEDIA RESONANCE AND INFLUENCERS TO COUNTER VIOLENT EXTREMISM
- R3962 MICROPAYMENT-ENABLED GAMIFIED CIVIL REPORTING IN CONFLICT ZONES
- R000 IW/ET FY16 UNSPECIFIED REQUIREMENT
- Personnel Protection (PP)
- R3896 EVENT PIN IDENTIFICATION
- R3897 ENHANCED VEHICLE TRACKER
- R3918 VIP PROTECTIVE SERVICES PORTAL MOBILE APPLICATION
- R3920 AUGMENTED HUMAN PERFORMANCE
- R3921 MULTIFUNCTIONAL HEAD PROTECTION SYSTEM
- R3923 SMALL UNMANNED AIRCRAFT SYSTEM (sUAS) ENDURANCE
- Physical Security (PS)
- R3954 PROFESSIONAL STANDARDS FOR EXPLOSIVES DESIGN AND TESTING ENGINEERS AND ARCHITECTS
- R3957 LINEAR ARRAY FOR TUNNEL DETECTION
- R3970 LOW-COST FLAT PANELS FOR ANOMALY DETECTION
- Surveillance, Collection, and Operations Support (SCOS)
- R3972 VIDEO SURVEILLANCE
- R3975 UNCONTROLLED/UNCOOPERATIVE BIOMETRICS
- R3976 FORCE PROTECTION FOR DATA AGGREGATION
- R3977 HUMAN LANGUAGE TECHNOLOGIES AND MEDIA EXPLOITATION
- R3980 CYBER
- R000 SCOS FY16 CANINE UNSPECIFIED REQUIREMENT
- Tactical Operations Support (TOS)
- R3900 EXTERNAL IN-LINE CLIP-ON DISPLAY (EICON-D)
- R3901 MINIATURE MULTISPECTRAL DAYAND NIGHT INLINE CLIP-ON DEVICE (MiniWave-D)
- R3902 WIDE FIELD OF VIEW - BINOCULAR NIGHT VISION DEVICE (WIDE BANDIT)
- R3903 ENHANCED HANDHELD BREACHING TOOL (HOT-E)
- R3904 ACOUSTIC MICRONIZED BEACON (AMB) KIT
- R3905 MULTI-ABILITY RECONFIGURABLE SMALL UNMANNED AIRCRAFT SYSTEM (MARSUAS)
- R3906 ENHANCED SMARTPHONE AND TABLET OPERATOR INTERFACE WITH UAS (E-TOI)
- R3907 RETRO-DIRECTIVE TACTICAL ANTENNAS (RADIANT)
- R3908 GEOLOCATION OF RENDERED IMAGES FOR FURTIVE NAVIGATION (GRI-FN)
- R3909 LOW-COST ENHANCED MOBILEMESH RADIO (LEMR)
- R000 TOS FY16 UNSPECIFIED REQUIREMENT
- Training Technology Development (TTD)
- R3964 AC-130 VIRTUAL / AUGMENTED REALITY TRAINING CAPABILITY
- R3965 TASK FORCE OFFICER MOBILE TRAINING AND SUPPORTING MATERIALS
- R3966 SURVEILLANCE DETECTION TRAINING SUPPORT PACKAGE
- R000 TTD FY16 UNSPECIFIED REQUIREMENT
- Business Operations (BO)
- R3963 DOMESTIC PREPAREDNESS SUPPORT INITIATIVE (DPSI)
If you are developing solutions in any of the above areas, please download the relevant BAA package from the CTTSO BIDS website. Read through the documentation carefully to determine whether your solution matches the particular need of the CTTSO.
Please note that these are specific needs and applicants must demonstrate their ability to match the requirements closely.
You will also need to ascertain whether your organisation can respond to the BAA within the limited timeframe and in the specific format required.
2. Seek appropriate registrations
If you decide to respond to this BAA, you will need to pre-register with the CTTSO to enable your submission. The "New to BIDS" registration link can be found on the CTTSO BIDS main page.
3. Prepare your submission
Applicants must prepare a quad chart in response to Phase 1 of the BAA. A quad chart is a one-page document that outlines the essence of the proposed solution for a single requirement in four quadrants. A sample CTTSO Quad Chart can be found on the CTTSO BIDS website under Reference Materials > Document Format.
To understand the BIDS process further, you can download the 'submitter quick card' and use this to guide you through your submission.
4. Submit by 20 March 2015
Upload your submission to the BAA by 1500 United States Eastern Daylight Time on 20 March 2015. Allowing for the time difference, this will be 0600 Australian Eastern Standard Time (AEST) on 21 March 2015. We recommend that you upload your submission early as last minute traffic to the BIDS site is heavy and may cause delays. Late submissions will not be considered.
The CTTSO BIDS website has detailed presentations on this year's requirements which can be found under the reference materials tab.
If you would like to discuss this opportunity further please contact the Defence Materiel Organisation (Washington) on DMO.USA@defence.gov.au or phone +1 202 797 3385.
Last updated: Wednesday, May 13, 2015