Defence business 101 dates announced for queensland for november and december 2019
Defence Business 101 dates announced for Queensland for November and December 2019
Is the defence industry for you?
If you’d like to learn more about how the defence industry works and potential opportunities for your business, you can register now for one of our upcoming Defence Business 101 seminars being held across the state during November and December 2019.
The Defence Business 101 seminars will be hosted at:
- Ipswich (26 November) - register now
- Toowoomba (28 November) - register now
- Beenleigh (3 December) - register now
- Maroochydore (4 December) - register now
- Cairns (5 December) - register now
The seminars will be run by Defence Jobs Queensland in partnership with the Industry Capability Network (ICN) and in collaboration with the Department of State Development, Manufacturing, Infrastructure and Planning’s regional offices.
Similar seminars have been conducted in recent years, with many being sold out well before the event. Ensure you secure your place now using the above links.
The Defence Business 101 seminars provide businesses with an introduction to working in the defence sector and explain what businesses need to know in order to deal directly with Defence or access prime contractor supply chains.
The seminars will cover:
- how the defence sector works
- what the difference between capability and non-material procurement means for suppliers
- how key agencies in the defence sector engage with industry and what they do
- how to engage with prime contractors and Defence
- where you can go to develop your business’ capabilities to work in defence
- how to decide if the defence industry is for you.
These seminars will be presented by Mick Fairweather, independent company director, business management and training consultant, and retired senior Australian Army Reserve Officer.
Mr Fairweather has experience working in both the private sector and the Department of Defence, and is currently working with the defence industry.
The cost to attend is $50 (includes GST and booking fee), with catering provided.
Defence Business 101 seminars are part of a series of defence business capability development events held throughout the year.
Last updated: Monday, Nov 11, 2019