Dates announced for tendering for defence and pitching for defence workshops queensland may and june 2019
Dates announced for Tendering for Defence and Pitching for Defence workshops
The defence industry can provide great rewards for businesses; however, it can be challenging to know how to prepare for and win defence tenders.
You can register for one of our upcoming Tendering for Defence workshops to learn more about the process. Whether you’re looking to begin or you're already working in the defence industry, our workshops will show you how to win more work.
Tendering for Defence workshops will be hosted across the state during May and June at:
- Maryborough (23 May) – register now
- Townsville (30 May) – register now
- Logan (18 June) – register now
- Ipswich (19 June) – register now
- North Lakes (20 June) – register now
The workshops will cover:
- understanding defence and defence primes
- the nature of defence tenders – what’s different?
- the three C's of positioning and how to prepare for defence opportunities
- key compliance issues – understanding the requirements
- can you win? If so, what’s your strategy?
- presenting your case – why should defence choose you?
- getting the price right
- traps to avoid
We'll also be holding Pitching for defence workshops at:
The workshops will be run by Defence Industries Queensland in partnership with the Industry Capability Network (ICN) and in collaboration with the Department of State Development, Manufacturing, infrastructure and Planning’s regional offices.
They will be presented by ICN Queensland and BidWrite – specialists in helping businesses win work across a range of industries, particularly defence.
The cost to attend each workshop is $50 (includes GST and booking fee), with catering provided.
Please note, each Pitching for Defence session is limited to 20 attendees and one registrant per company.
Our Tendering for Defence and Pitching for Defence workshops are part of a series of defence business capability development events held through the year.
Similar seminars were conducted in recent years, with many being sold out well before the event. Ensure you secure your place now using the above links.
Last updated: Friday, Jun 14, 2019