Queensland's capabilities in land defence include:
- manufacture, modification, maintenance, repair and overhaul (MRO) and sustainment of heavy vehicles, recovery vehicles, trailers, equipment and special purpose modules
- drive train component rebuild and balancing
- painting and panel repairs
- sand blasting
- bulk liquid and fuel handling equipment manufacturing
- repair and certification and supply of armoured vehicles and structural armour
- development of covert and tactical body armour and other ballistic protection for soldier systems
- manufacture of technologically superior microwave modules and systems for next generation broadband communications at frequencies from L-band to Ka-band (1 to 40 gigahertz)
- development of multiband, multi-mode handheld tactical radios for portable line-of-sight and beyond-line-of-sight voice and data communications
- leading solutions for explosive ordnance disposal, counter improvised explosive devices and force protection
- composite component manufacture
- system integration
- development of combat training systems that can operate simultaneously in multiple simulation environments including live, virtual, constructive and gaming domains
- development of fibre-reinforced composites and metal-composite hybrid materials for lightweighting of structures and components.
Queensland's heavy vehicle capability
Queensland has significant capability in heavy vehicle manufacturing and supply chain delivery in both the commercial and defence sectors. A large proportion of this activity takes place in Brisbane around the Wacol and Richlands areas where there is a concentration of companies manufacturing trucks and trailers and distributing some of the world's leading heavy vehicle brands.
Want to get involved?
If you are a Queensland company and have capability in the heavy vehicle sector, you have the opportunity to join the Queensland Heavy Vehicle Network by:
- registering with ICN and creating a company profile or updating your current profile