Globally competitive land defence companies with headquarters or significant operations in Queensland include:
- Boeing Defence Australia (BDA) - headquartered in Queensland, BDA has key capability in tactical and airlift aircraft, strike fighter sustainment services, integrated logistics support, and surveillance programs
- Craig International Ballistics - a leading supplier of body armour to the Australian Defence Force (ADF) and police forces
- Combat Clothing Australia - a privately owned company specialising in the design and manufacture of military and para-military accoutrements
- Cubic Defence Australia - a world-leading provider of military training simulation systems and services
- Elbit Systems of Australia - an Australian subsidiary of Elbit Systems Ltd that serves the ADF and has capability in battlefield management systems, network management systems and interfaces with airborne and naval platforms, unmanned systems, electronic warfare systems and electro-optical targeting systems
- EM Solutions - a company specialising in the design and manufacture of technologically superior microwave terrestrial and satellite equipment, including E-band microwave links and a multi-band Satcom-on-the-move system
- EPE - a company that offers a range of solutions to evolving threats such as improvised explosive devices (IEDs), radio controlled IEDs, Chemical, Biological, Radiological and Nuclear (CBRN) threats and other hazards
- Haulmark Trailers - specialists in the design and manufacture of quality military trailers used for a variety of applications
- Harris Corporation - an international communications and information technology company with capabilities in avionics, battlespace networks, end-to-end satellite communications, tactical radios and command, control, communications, computers, intelligence, surveillance, reconnaissance (C4ISR) systems
- Holmwood Highgate - leading road tanker manufacturer and designer with a diverse skill base across a broad spectrum of engineering, technical, sales and manufacturing activities
- Intellidesign – an electronic design and manufacturing company that develops and manufactures high quality, robust, electronic devices for mission-critical applications across a variety of markets including defence.
- NIOA - Australia's leading, privately-owned, small arms supplier that services the commercial, law enforcement and military markets
- Penske Power Systems - a company providing customised propulsion and power generation solutions to defence and life-of-type logistical support for defence combatants, as well as custom ship automation systems with components for monitoring and control
- Raytheon Australia - a company providing solutions in mission systems integration and mission support including systems engineering, project management, integrated logistic support and contract management
- RGM Maintenance - a company servicing defence and other vehicles with repair and maintenance, bulk liquid and fuel handling, equipment repair and certification, drive train component rebuild and balancing, paint and panel repair, and sand blasting
- Rheinmetall Defence Australia - is part of the Rheinmetall Group, an international prime contractor based in Germany that specialises in defence and automotive technology.
- Rhino Linings Australasia - a company that develops protective coating products for retail, commercial and industrial applications, including high-quality, high-performance hybrid polyurethanes, pure polyuria and epoxys, and offers solutions to industrial abrasion, corrosion, containment, impact and chemical attack problems
- RUD Chains - a manufacturer and supplier of high-quality round steel link chain solutions and lifting technologies. The company works with clients in the defence, infrastructure, mining, quarry, power station and engineering industries to engineer and manufacture tailored solutions to industry-specific materials handling problems.
- Steyr Motors Australia - a company that provides a range of motors for the marine and automotive industries including environmentally-friendly hybrid solutions that provide low-speed manoeuvring as well as automotive diesel engines used extensively in military and light commercial operations
- TAE - Australasia's leading provider of maintenance, repair and overhaul services for gas-turbine engines, as well as services in aerospace engineering, avionics, advanced manufacturing, fuel and electrical component maintenance and aircraft wheels and brakes
- Thales Australia - a primary defence contractor for the ADF) with expertise in protected military vehicles and integrated communications solutions for defence, and security and systems integration for commercial markets
- Tote Systems Australia - a manufacturer and supplier of ballistic armour with products including body armour; vehicle, aircraft, watercraft and building armour; and training and riot equipment
Last updated: Wednesday, Jul 21, 2021