The Abbot Point Growth Gateway Project involves dredging 1.1 million cubic metres in situ of seabed, which will then be placed on vacant industrial land ( 4.1 MB), next to the existing coal terminal. This project will allow for the construction of a second trestle at the Port of Abbot Point, increasing the port's capacity from 50 to 120 million tonnes per annum.
The final Environmental Impact Statement (EIS) for the proposed Abbot Point Growth Gateway Project (EPBC2015/7467), which addresses matters of national environmental significance, is available below.
Consultation on the draft EIS was undertaken in August and September 2015.
After considering the final EIS the Commonwealth Government approved on 22 December 2015 the dredging and construction works subject to 29 strict environmental conditions.
In addition to this approval, the project has received key state government approvals for the onshore construction works and the dredging works offshore. These approvals are subject to 28 and 68 conditions respectively to protect the environment.
Work cannot begin until Adani can demonstrate a financial investment decision has been made for its Galilee Basin developments.
Environmental Impact Statement
Volume 3: Appendices
- Appendix A - EIS Guidelines ( 166 KB)
- Appendix B - EIS Guidelines Cross-reference ( 98 KB)
- Appendix C - Engineering Drawings ( 3.1 MB)
- Appendix D - Dredged Material Containment Ponds Engineering Risk Analysis ( 653 KB)
- Appendix E - Soil Assessment and Management Plan ( 3.9 MB)
- Appendix F - Acid Sulfate Soils Investigative Report ( 4.5 MB)
- Appendix G - Contaminated Land Investigation ( 4.4 MB)
- Appendix H - Air Quality Assessment ( 1.6 MB)
- Appendix I - Greenhouse Gas Assessment ( 524 KB)
- Appendix J - Terrestrial Noise Assessment ( 2.7 MB)
- Appendix K - Underwater Noise Assessment ( 6.2 MB)
- Appendix L - Groundwater Assessment Report ( 11 MB)
- Appendix M - Marine Seagrass Light Requirements ( 611 KB)
- Appendix N - Hydrodynamic Modelling ( 11.4 MB)
- Appendix O - Hydrology Water Quality and Aquatic Ecology ( 6.3 MB)
- Appendix P - Terrestrial Ecology Report ( 11.6 MB)
- Appendix Q - Marine Ecology Assessment ( 17.4 MB)
- Appendix R - Social Impact Assessment ( 2.6 MB)
- Appendix S - Economic Impact Assessment ( 990 KB)
- Appendix T - Fisheries Assessment ( 2.4 MB)
- Appendix U - Environmental Risk Register ( 47 KB)
- Appendix V - Outline Environmental Management Plan ( 3.3 MB)
- Appendix W - Outline Dredging Management Plan ( 3.6 MB)
- Appendix X - Preliminary Acid Sulfate Soil Management Plan ( 1 MB)
- Appendix Y - Preliminary Stormwater Management Plan ( 7 MB)
Volume 4: Supplement Report
Note: Volume 4 responds to public comments raised during consultation and provides further information on various topics.
Additional impact assessment reports
Key technical studies and impact assessment reports addressing State regulated matters which are relevant to development in the Abbot Point State Development Area are also available:
- Abbot Point TO, T2 and T3 Capital Dredging Sediment Sampling and Analysis Plan Implementation Report ( 5.35 MB)
- Acid Sulfate Soils Testing of Historical Offshore Samples ( 7.29 MB)
- Air Quality Assessment Report ( 1.51 MB)
- Road Transport Assessment Report ( 7.54 MB)
- Terrestrial Ecology Assessment Report ( 7.65 MB)
- Terrestrial Noise Assessment Report ( 9.53 MB)
- Wetland Flooding Report ( 19 MB)
- Wetland Hydrology Water Quality Aquatic Ecology Assessment Report ( 4.11 MB)