Resource recovery is a great opportunity for Queensland. It will:
- reduce waste
- cut greenhouse gas emissions
- create better environmental outcomes
- build a more sustainable economy to create jobs and economic benefits.
Queensland is moving toward a circular economy. Our Queensland Resource Recovery Industries 10-Year Roadmap and Action Plan (1.8 MB) sets out our framework to accelerate this transition and develop our state's resource recovery industries.
The roadmap sets out a path to:
- increase resource recovery rates
- improve adoption of modern technologies
- divert landfill waste toward more valuable uses.
To support our state’s recycling, resource recovery, and biofutures industries, the roadmap includes a $100 million Resource Recovery Industry Development Program (RRIDP) ( 982 KB). The program funds projects and initiatives that divert waste from landfill, reduce stockpiling and create jobs.
Read more about the opportunities available for financial support.