Form for public notification of an application
Publishing a notice about a PDA development application or amendment application
The department has provided this option for an applicant to publish a notice about a PDA development applicant or amendment application.
There are two ways this website option for notification of applications may be used:
- For statutory notification to meet the temporary notification requirements under the Economic Development Act 2012 (ED Act) that now apply due to COVID-19. This option only applies if:
- there is NO local newspaper (hardcopy or online) for the locality of the land the subject of the application; and
- the subject land is in one of the following priority development areas (PDAs):
- Bowen Hills
- Bowen Street Roma
- Caloundra South
- CQU Rockhampton
- Greater Flagstone
- Herston Quarter
- Maroochydore City Centre
- Northshore Hamilton
- Queen's Wharf Brisbane
- Tannum Sands
- Toondah Harbour
- Weinam Creek
To determine notification options for other PDAs, view the relevant PDA to contact the MEDQ delegate assessing PDA development applications in that PDA.
- For additional non-statutory notification of an application to provide more extensive notification or to trial the new website option. Applicants are encouraged to do this.
Modification of ED Act notification requirements by COVID-19 Regulation Act
The Economic Development (COVID-19 Emergency Response) Regulation 2020 (COVID-19 Regulation) temporarily modifies the requirements for giving notice of an application under section 84(2)(a) of the ED Act.
In accordance with the COVID-19 Regulation, section 6(2)(b), for a notice published on a website:
- the notice must be published until at least the end of the submission period
- the submission period ends no later than 18 December 2020.
How to publish a notice about an application
To publish a notice about an application complete the form below. New notices will be published on this website every Wednesday. View current notices for applications.
The closing date for submitting a notice is 11.59 pm on the Sunday before the Wednesday publication.
The form to be completed by the applicant is based on the requirements for publishing a notice under section 84(4) of the Economic Development Act 2012. The information provided by the applicant is reproduced in a table format for public viewing. The applicant is responsible for the accuracy and adequacy of the information provided.
Public notification form