Defence Business 101 seminar dates announced for Qld
Is the defence industry for you?
If you'd like to learn more about the defence industry and potential opportunities for your business, you can register now for one of our upcoming Defence Business 101 seminars, being held across the state during March and April.
This year's Defence Business 101 seminars will be hosted in Beenleigh (15 March), Ipswich (16 March), Toowoomba (17 March), Sunshine Coast (12 April), Mackay (13 April) and Townsville (14 April).
The seminars will be run by Defence Industries Queensland (DIQld), in partnership with the Industry Capability Network (ICN) and in collaboration with the Department of State Development's regional offices.
Five similar seminars were conducted in 2015, with several being sold out well before the event. The Defence Business 101 seminars provide companies wanting to enter the defence industry with a detailed understanding of the defence organisation, in relation to industry engagement and procurement.
This year's seminars will cover:
- defence acquisition and sustainment planning and procurement
- what the difference between capability and non-material procurement means for suppliers
- how key agencies in the defence sector engage with industry and what they do
- the role of prime contractors and their supply chain expectations
- how to tailor your ICN profile for defence work
These workshops will be presented by Mick Fairweather, independent company director, business management and training consultant, and a Major General in the Australian Army Reserve. Mr Fairweather has experience working in both the private sector and the Department of Defence, recently as military specialist in Team Defence Australia.
For further information about the 2016 Defence Business 101 seminars and to register, view the event brochures:
- Beenleigh - 15 March ( 653 KB)
- Ipswich - 16 March ( 653 KB)
- Toowoomba - 17 March ( 653 KB)
- Sunshine Coast - 12 April ( 653 KB)
- Mackay - 13 April ( 653 KB)
- Townsville - 14 April ( 653 KB)
Defence Business 101 seminars are part of a series of defence business capability development events held through the year.