Defence Industries Queensland works in collaboration with the following organisations:
Department of Defence
Capability Acquisition and Sustainment Group
The Capability Acquisition and Sustainment Group (CASG) exists to meet the Australian Defence Force's (ADF's) military equipment and supply requirements as identified by Defence and approved by Government.
CASG supports industry to do business with Defence in the following areas:
- Skilling Australia's defence industry - Defence provides a number of support programs to increase industry skills
- Procurement and contracting - find information and templates on Defence procurement and contracting methods
- Tender opportunities - find information on current Defence tenders
- Australian Military Sales Office - supports Australian defence industry to export to foreign government customers.
Defence Export Controls
The Defence Export Controls is responsible for regulating the export of defence and strategic goods and technologies. These include military items designed or adapted for military purposes and commercial items and technologies that may be used or adapted for use in a military program. Services provided by Defence Export Controls include providing advice to producers and developers and issuing permits and licences for controlled exports.
Centre for Defence Industry Capability (CDIC)
The CDIC provides advice to the Australian defence industry, supports industry growth and facilitates innovation. Visit the CDIC website for detailed information on their services. The CDIC delivers initiatives within three key focus areas:
- Industry development activities include business advice and funding for sector wide initiatives
- Facilitating innovation by connecting business, academia and research organisations with innovative ideas to Defence
- Defence business competitiveness and exports focuses on enabling business advisers to provide expert advice to industry.
While the CDIC is headquartered in Adelaide, they have a nationwide network of advisers supported by AusIndustry.
Subscribe to receive Defence industry and innovation news and updates.
Australian Industry & Defence Network (AIDN)
AIDN is the peak industry association for small-to-medium enterprises (SMEs) wishing to do business in the defence and security sectors. Members have access to tender notifications, briefings, key bulletin information and forums to discuss key defence-related issues.
Industry Capability Network (ICN)
ICN is a business network that introduces Australian and New Zealand companies to projects. Specialist staff in areas such as engineering, technology and procurement can help identify procurement opportunities for local industry, with ICN's core services offered at no cost. Register your business on ICN Gateway - a powerful online tool connecting suppliers and project managers.
TAFE Queensland SkillsTech
SkillsTech is Queensland's largest TAFE institute dedicated to trade and technical training, offering pre-apprenticeship, apprenticeship/traineeships and post-trade training.
Thinking about relocating to Queensland?
Find out more about living and doing business in our great state.
- Trade and Investment Queensland (TIQ) is the Queensland Government's global business agency. TIQ assists international companies to invest in Queensland and helps local businesses expand into new markets. Contact Trade and Investment Queensland
- Tourism and Events Queensland (TEQ) promotes Queensland's beautiful location, diverse events and enviable lifestyle and provides tourism news, research and information related to Queensland. Contact Tourism and Events Queensland