Name: Peter Nuttall
Position: Managing Director
What are your company's capabilities?
RUD Australia is an industry leader in heavy vehicle load handling solutions and partner of choice for organisations that value our quality niche products and solutions. The company supports Queensland's growing heavy vehicle capability and is part of the Australian Defence Force's (ADF) supply chain. We develop products and solutions specifically for defence applications and, through our Endurequip division, we are the only manufacturer of heavy vehicle hoists for the ADF.
RUD Australia's capabilities include design engineering services, load securing systems, traction chains, lifting and lashing points, Endurequip hoists, and a range of materials handling solutions.
RUD Australia was established in Brisbane in 1984 as a subsidiary of the RUD Group, a family-owned organisation headquartered in Germany. The RUD Group has more than 140 years' experience and currently has production facilities and sales offices in over 120 countries.
RUD Australia’s defence capabilities include load securing systems, lifting slings and lashing points, traction chains, lifting devices, technical support and in-house engineering and manufacturing
How are these capabilities unique?
- RUD Australia has more than 30 years' experience in design and manufacturing for lifting and lashing equipment.
- RUD solutions provide increased capacity, with a reduction in size and weight.
- Our bespoke products and solutions are developed specifically for defence army applications.
- Our products perform to internationally recognised standards, in the harshest of conditions.
- Endurequip—a division of RUD Australia—is the only heavy vehicle hoist manufacturer supplying to the ADF.
What projects are you currently working on?
RUD Australia is currently supplying:
- traction chains, lifting devices and vehicle lift stations to Thales Australia, makers of the Bushmaster combat vehicles for the ADF
- heavy vehicle hoists to the ADF
- lifting and tie down systems to Haulmark Trailers, who supply trailers for the ADF's LAND 121 Phase 3B heavy vehicle project.
What accreditations does your company hold?
RUD Australia holds numerous industry accreditations and certifications, including:
- AS/NZS ISO 9001:2008 Quality Management Systems
- AS/NZS ISO 14001:2004 Environmental Management Systems
- AS/NZS 4801:2001 Occupational Health & Safety Management Systems
- ISO-IEC 17025 Standard Applications Document for Accreditation for Testing and Calibration Facilities
- LEEA Lifting Standards Worldwide
- NATA Certification (National Association of Testing Authorities Australia).