Robert Perks, General Manager Sales, idec Solutions (left); The idec team (right).
Name: Robert Perks
Position: General Manager - Sales
What are your company's capabilities?
idec Solutions Pty Ltd is an industry leader in design, fabrication and construction activities. The company services numerous sectors, including:
- resources and mining
- major infrastructure
Our in-house services include design and engineering, workshop detailing, fabrication and construction.
The company has more than 25 years’ experience in delivering projects where there is an emphasis on quality, safety and environmental aspects. idec has proven experience in delivering defence projects throughout Australia and employs more than 100 people across our Queensland operations.
How are these capabilities unique?
- idec has in-house capability to prepare engineering design and workshop detail drawings. This provides an extra level of control and streamlines communication between the client, builder, engineer and fabricator.
- idec’s modern, purpose-built workshop at Hemmant in Brisbane – which includes overhead cranes and automated beamline and tractor welding machines – coupled with our qualified trades professionals, ensures the finished product is fabricated and manufactured accurately and on time.
- Utilising advanced 3D modelling software (Tekla Structures) and the company’s in-house customisation abilities, idec is capable of producing intelligent building information modelling (BIM) for the client.
- We can rely on our own riggers for the delivery of projects, as part of idec’s ‘one stop shop’ solution.
idec’s defence capabilities include in-house design and engineering, workshop detailing, fabrication and construction.
What projects are you currently working on?
idec is currently working on:
- Air 5431 Phase 2 – design, fabrication and installation of nine radar towers throughout Australia for Nova Systems
- Land 121 – Gallipoli Army Barracks Brisbane – fabrication and erection of workshop and Q-store for Lendlease
- C17 Hangar – RAAF Base Amberley – fabrication and erection of 700 tonnes of structural steel for CPB Contractors
- Battlefield Airlifter Stage C & D – RAAF Base Amberley – Fabrication and erection of 250 tonnes of structural steel, including precast panels for Laing O’Rourke.
The company also recently completed towers and cabling works for RAAF Base Amberley, provided direct to the Department of Defence.
What accreditations does your company hold?
idec holds numerous industry accreditations and certifications, including:
- Australian Government Building and Construction WHS Accreditation Scheme (OFSC)
- AS/NZS ISO 9001 Quality Management Systems
- AS/NZS 4801 Occupational Health & Safety Management Systems
- AS/NZS ISO 14001 Environmental Management Systems
- ASI ESC – Sustainability in Steel Construction
- Steel Work Compliance Australia (SCA) certification
- Queensland government Prequalification (PQC)
- Building code 2016 compliant
- Builders Licence (QLD, VIC, WA and SA)
What are your company's plans for the next one to two years?
- relocation to a larger, purpose built facility in Murarrie
- recruitment of key personnel
- ongoing training and product research
- continual engagement with stakeholders throughout the project life cycle
- commitment to both safety and quality on all projects
- compliance to AS5131- structural steelwork – fabrication and erection
- maintain our OFSC accreditation.
- Website: www.idec.com.au
- Location: 58 Anton Road, Hemmant QLD 4174
- Phone: +61 7 3908 9600