Directors of Arctic Steel, Marina Russell (left) and Peter Crossley (right) show off their Australian Marine Industry Export Award for 2014 during the Sanctuary Cove International Boat Show.
Name: Peter Crossley
What are your company's capabilities?
Arctic Steel offers a range of high quality cast 2205 stainless steel seawater strainers/filters, which are used to filter seawater for marine engines and equipment.
Strainer elements can be modified to filter any liquid, including oils, acids, food grade products and petrochemical liquids for example.
How are these capabilities unique?
- Arctic Steel is unique because our strainers are cast one-piece units and there are no inherent corrosion weaknesses that arise with welded products. We use 2205 stainless steel which is high tensile, providing very good corrosion resistance.
- The designated offset outlet ensures superior performance by utilising the entire basket and also scavenging air from the system.
- Lid design ensures safe, quick and easy access.
- At Arctic Steel, we manufacture the highest quality strainers available.
Has your company won any significant awards in the last five years?
In 2014 Arctic Steel was awarded the Australian Marine Industry Export Award for best export performance for a small business.
What projects are you currently working on?
We have supplied strainers for the following projects:
- Incat 70 metre Crew Boats
- Canadian Navy chiller systems
- Australian Defence Force Army Landing Craft
- Australian Defence Force Navy work boats
- Austal patrol boat project
- South Boats UK offshore wind-farm work boats
- Suez Canal work boats
- Safe Boats USA
- Other commercial customers include Torres Pilots, Captain Cook Cruises, Sydney Ferries and Stebercraft.
What are your company's plans for the next one to two years?
Arctic Steel's plans include:
- maintaining our position as a world leader in cast stainless steel seawater strainers
- expanding our range of strainers
- expanding our distribution network worldwide
- developing quality relationships with Australia's large boat and ship builders, ensuring our strainers are used for all build projects
- constantly improving quality control by tracking the casting of every product, with our batch stamping providing the ability to verify material quality of every strainer.
- Website: www.arcticsteel.com.au
Location: Noosaville, Queensland
Phone: +61 7 5449 0064 or +61 (0)422 729 739