Your feedback is important to us. The department places a high value on feedback from its clients and the public generally.
- encourages feedback about how we carry out our business
- takes a client-focused approach to how we deal with complaints about our services
- accepts complaints about our services verbally or in writing
- uses information from complaints about our services to improve our business processes.
How to lodge compliments, feedback or complaints to the department
The department offers various channels to lodge compliments, feedback or complaints on the department's products, services, policies or actions.
- Complete and submit the online form
- Write to the department:
Department of State Development, Manufacturing, Infrastructure and Planning
PO Box 15009 City East, Qld 4002
If you need assistance to lodge compliments, feedback or complaints, there are services available including:
- Translation and Interpreting Service – for language assistance
- National Relay Service – for people with hearing or vision impairments.
Timeframes for complaints
All complaints will be acknowledged within two working days of receipt. Customer complaints willgenerally be responded to within fifteen working days, with a response to urgent matters generally provided within five working days.
Human rights complaints
From 1 January 2020, you can make a complaint if you believe your human rights have been breached by the department. Complaints can only be made for breaches that occur after 1 January 2020.
If you have not received a response within 45 business days, or believe the response is inadequate, you can then lodge a complaint with the Queensland Human Rights Commission for independent resolution.
- customer complaints procedure ( 170 KB)
- complaints about the Director-General and Coordinator-General procedure ( 97 KB)
- customer complaints report 2018-19 ( 195 KB)
- customer complaints report 2017-18 ( 188 KB)
Public interest disclosures
View information relating to public interest disclosures.