||Greenfield open-cut thermal and metallurgical coal mine with a yield of up to 17 million tonnes of coal per annum for approximately 35 years.
||Valeria Coal Holdings Pty Ltd, a wholly owned subsidiary of Glencore Coal Pty Ltd.
||Approximately 27 km north-west of Emerald. Map
||Central Highlands Regional Council
- open-cut thermal and metallurgical coal mine
- mine infrastructure areas including a coal handling and processing plant
- rail loop and train load out facility
- site access roads
- mine water management dams and storage facilities
- sewage treatment facilities
- office buildings and amenities
|Construction start date
- 1400 (construction)
- 950 (operational)
* Project information supplied by proponent and subject to change.
Environmental impact statement (EIS) process
||Draft terms of reference for EIS being prepared.
|12 June 2020
||Gazettal ( 245 KB) of ‘Coordinated project’ declaration.
|30 April 2020
||Application, including initial advice statement ( 12.6 MB), submitted.
Read more about the EIS process.